- More Info
PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) tubing is chemically inert and suitable for low-pressure applications. Typically 1/16" OD tubing holds up to 62 bar (900 psi) and 1/8" up to 35 bar (500 psi).
PTFE tubing is available in both natural and color-coded versions for easy identification of the ID:
- Natural– Natural PTFE tubing is available in a range of ODs from 1/16” to 4.67 mm.
- Color-coded – Solid color PTFE tubing is available in 1/16” OD.
- Black PTFE, available in two IDs, is recommended for light-sensitive applications such as enzymatic reactions, luminescent reactions, and connections to a flow cell, and also for radioactive HPLC.
Maximum Continuous Operating Temperature for PTFE Tubing
The maximum recommended operating temperature for VICI Jour PTFE tubing is 100° C (continuous).
- Use PFA instead of PTFE if gas permeability is an issue.
- Use black PTFE for light-sensitive applications such as enzymatic reactions, luminescent reactions, connection to a flow cell, and radioactive HPLC.
PTFE Tubing Tolerances
|Tubing OD||OD and ID (±)|
|1/16"||0.05 mm (.002")|
|1/8"||0.10 mm (.004")|
|1/4"||0.10 mm (.004")|
|1/2"||0.20 mm (.008")|
- Look up the Chemical Resistance properties of PTFE tubing.
- Refer to Pressure Ratings to look up recommended Maximum Working Pressure for PTFE tubing.
- Learn more about PTFE and other synthetic polymers used in VICI tubing, their performance properties, and their typical applications. Properties of Polymers
- Check polymer tubing tolerances for ETFE, PFA, FEP, and PTFE
- Tubing ID Volume - Length Conversion Chart